It is that time of year again to fire up the oven and fill the kitchen will the sweet smell of backing cookies! Whip up a batch and take it to your volleyball holiday party or bring it to your team to eat – after practice of course!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Serves: 4 dozen cookies
48 Hershey's Kisses chocolate candies
½ cup shortening (I used Crisco)
¾ cup Peanut Butter
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ sugar, for rolling
red, green, & white holiday sprinkles
disposable piping bag fitted with a Wilton #4 piping tip
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
3. Add ⅓ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
5. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
NOTE: Cookies must be completely cooled & chocolate hardened before decorating.
1. Fill the prepared piping bag with green frosting.
2. Starting at the base of the Hershey Kiss, pipe a line of frosting that swirls up & around to the top of the kiss.
3. Immediately sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
Source: Pinterest & http://javacupcake.com