PINK PRIDE: The Breast Cancer Research Foundation – Quick Facts
- Currently, 91 cents of every dollar spent by BCRF is directed towards breast cancer research and awareness programs ($0.88 to Research and $0.3 to Awareness).
- BCRF is the only breast cancer organization rated an "A"+ by CharityWatch.
- For the eleventh time since 2002, it has earned 4 stars from Charity Navigator.
- New grants are announced in October each year. In October 2013, BCRF announced new grants of $45 million to more than 200 scientists from top universities and academic medical centers across the globe.
- Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $450 million to support clinical and translational research at medical institutions across the globe conducting the most advanced and promising breast cancer research that will help lead to prevention and a cure in our lifetime.
- Mission: The mission of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. Currently, 91 cents of every dollar spent by BCRF is directed towards breast cancer research and awareness programs
- Founder: EVELYN H. LAUDER (1936-2011) — Her personal experience with early stage breast cancer in 1987, led her in 1992, to co-create, with Alexandra Penney of SELF magazine, the now ubiquitous Pink Ribbon, recognized as the worldwide symbol of breast health.
Contact Information for BCRF:
General Office: 646-497-2600
Toll-free: 1-866-FIND-A-CURE (346-3228)
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
This year, 5% of all sales from our PINK PRIDE categories will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, as well as $1.00 for every new "follower" on our All Volleyball social media pages: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and our Blog! Help us reach our goal of 2,000 new followers!! Thank you to all who support – please share our cause.
To those fighting…I've got your back. PINK PRIDE.