- Related Products
Learning to play volleyball has never been more effective—or more fun—than with Volleyball Fundamentals. Students will enjoy using this resource because they will learn by doing, spending less time reading and more time engaged in playing the game. With simple instructions and accompanying photographs you'll find it easy to teach them to play volleyball quickly and simply.
* Volleyball Fundamentals begins by teaching formations and rotations so that students get an immediate sense of where they belong on the court. Chapters are devoted to mastering specific skills such as serving, receiving, setting, attacking, blocking, and digging. Sections on offensive and defensive tactics, scoring systems, rules, rotations, and on-court communication make the game as easy for you to teach as it is for your students to learn.
* Each chapter addresses a specific skill, leading the student through a simple, four-step sequence:
* You Can Do It: The skill is introduced with sequential instructions and accompanying photographs.
* More to Choose and Use: Variations and extensions of the primary skill are covered.
* Take It to the Court: Readers learn how to apply the skill in competition.
* Give It a Go: These provide several direct experiences—such as drills, small-sided games, and self-tests—for gauging, developing, and honing the skill.
* Writer Joel Dearing is a veteran instructor and coach with extensive knowledge of volleyball. Dearing knows how to communicate clearly and succinctly, making reading and applying the content to the court enjoyable for students of all ages.
* As part of the Sports Fundamentals Series, Volleyball Fundamentals will help you teach and your students learn the basic skills and tactics of the game so that they can compete on the court in no time at all.
This item is stocked at our St. Louis, MO facility.
Stocked items/orders placed before 1pm CST are shipped that day (business days only, Mon-Fri.).
Stocked items/orders placed after 1pm CST ship the next business day (Mon-Fri., no holidays).
Standard delivery time is between 1-4 days (see map below for delivery estimates).
We will notify you via email within 1 business day if there is any expected delay.
If there are non-stocked items on your order those will be shipped separate from your stocked items at no additional cost.
Team orders and orders paid with PO's may take additional processing days (between 3-5 business days).
Printing requires additional processing days. Please visit our Uniform Printing page.